As an integral part of Oklahoma State University for more than 100 years, and serving all three campuses, the Graduate College strives to be a leader in graduate education by fostering an intellectual environment that leads to the creation, acquisition, and dissemination of knowledge. As a cornerstone of the graduate education and research enterprises, the Graduate College offers nearly 200 programs, options and specializations leading to certificates, master’s and doctoral degrees.
“By 2020, 2.6 million new or replacement jobs will require a graduate degree. The Graduate College prepares the diverse, creative, intellectual leaders who will contribute positively to our global educational, cultural, economical and social environments.”
-Sheryl Tucker, Dean, Graduate College
Here's what new and innovative to promote degree completion and development of presentation skills for graduate students:
- Dissertation Writing Workshops: The Graduate College partners with the OSU Writing Center, Edmon Low Library and Department of English to provide weeklong Dissertation Writing Workshops that focus on writing skills, focused writing time and accountability groups with other students and a writing facilitator. The program has been highly successful and demand exceeds available student spots.
- Three Minute competitions: The Three Minute competitions are focused on developing graduate student public speaking skills. The 3MT (Three Minute Thesis) provides a venue for students in research-based degree programs to talk about their research and how it is relevant to meeting societal needs. The 3MP (Three Minute Presentation) is designed for graduate students in non-research-based degree programs. The Grand 3MC (Three Minute Challenge) pits the top five 3MT students against the top five 3MP students to find an overall winner. Here are some of the past participants:
- Agricultural topics (1, 2)
- Medical topics (1, 2)
- Business topics (1, 2, 3)
- Aerospace topics (1, 2)
Your philanthropy enables the Graduate College to facilitate the success of graduate faculty and students while enhancing the University's reputation as a premier land-grant university — impacting the state, nation and world. We're excited for you to discover your orange passion for the Graduate College during Give Orange and be a part of the 1,890 minutes of support for OSU!
- Graduate College Dean's Excellence Fund
- Graduate College Annual Support Fund