The College of Education and Human Sciences is a group of service-minded faculty, staff, and partners who enhance lives through innovative research, teaching, and engagement. The wellbeing and development of our students continues to be our top priority, and we are working hard to ensure our graduates' degrees are worth even more across their professional careers.
Highlights of the College of Education and Human Sciences include:
- Largest collection of health programs on the Stillwater campus with roughly one-third of students pursuing an academic degree related to mental, physical or relational health.
- Nationally ranked programs in early childhood education, educational technology, fashion design and production and merchandising.
- A robust research portfolio that includes human development across the lifespan, K-12 and STEM education, nutrition and disease prevention, learning and technology, human environments and pilots and aerospace safety.
- Nationally respected aviation education program that meets growing industry demand by preparing professional pilots and is one of only 18 schools in the U.S. to offer graduate degree programs.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Cooperative Extension programs serve more than 126,000 people annually across Oklahoma.
- Our Professional Education Unit prepares and develops educators who facilitate life-long learning and enrich quality of life for people in public schools and other settings.
Points of Pride:
Ray and Linda Booker OSU Flight Center
- The College of Education and Human Sciences celebrated the opening of the brand new 11,600-square foot Ray and Linda Booker OSU Flight Center in February 2022. This new facility will have major impact on the student experience, and further strengthen OSU's position as the premier destination for aviation education.
- In an effort to address a growing teacher shortage in Oklahoma, the College of Education and Human Sciences is launching OK-Thrive, a mentorship program to support new teachers during their critical first three years in the profession.
Opportunity Orange Scholars
- In the Fall of 2022, the College of Education and Human Sciences will welcome its first cohort of Opportunity Orange Scholars to campus. Opportunity Orange Scholars is a new, inclusive, post-secondary education program for students with intellectual disability.
"I see this College of Education and Human Sciences as a leader nationally and internationally. We have that capacity. We have that strength within the knowledge, skills and dispositions. Together, we are unique in our approaches in addressing the human experience. That puts us on a map for the excellent work we are doing and will continue to do."
Dr. Jon Pedersen, Dean, College of Education and Human Sciences
People are at the core of all that we do in the College of Education and Human Sciences. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion, we empower lifelong learners and leaders who strengthen communities through education, health, human development and more. We enhance lives with our innovative research, teaching and engagement.
We are excited for you to discover your orange passion for the College of Education and Human Sciences during Give Orange and be a part of the 1,890 minutes of support for OSU!